ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market
German auto parts supplier ZF expects the global auto industry to remain volatile in the second half of 2020, but the company said Asian countries, especially China, are offering some reassurance.
ZF CEO Wolf-Henning Scheider said: "China and (other parts of) Asia are currently the most promising markets. Business in this region is coming back very strongly and is helping us to increase our sales again."
Scheider made the remarks when ZF released its first-half financial statement on Friday. Due to the global economic situation and the coronavirus pandemic, the company's sales in the first six months totaled 13.5 billion euros ($15.91 billion), down 27 percent from the same period in 2019.
He expects markets in other parts of the world to remain tense. "Although Europe is showing signs of recovery at the moment, it will likely be the most critical region in the next few years due to declining vehicle exports and stricter emissions regulations," said Scheider.
Development in the Americas is also uncertain due to the high number of COVID-19 infections. Overall, ZF does not expect the global market to recover to 2019 levels in the next three years.
In view of the slow recovery, ZF is taking action to adapt to the new circumstances and achieve a sustained improvement in earnings.
Scheider said: "This is crucial to continue investing in future technologies such as e-mobility and autonomous driving, to win business and to further strengthen our financial independence for the future."
The company has announced that it will not invest in transmissions exclusively designed for internal combustion engine vehicles. Instead, it will focus its development work on flexible platform technologies for long-range plug-in hybrids and pure electric vehicles.
ZF is merging its powertrain and e-mobility divisions to better offer electrified solutions. The new division will be established on Jan 1, 2021.
Scheider said: "The corona pandemic is noticeably accelerating the transformation of the automotive industry. We expect electrification to come even faster now."
"The newly formed division will be able to leverage the system advantages of both divisions and offer vehicle manufacturers a comprehensive electrified portfolio as well as worldwide development and production capacities under one roof," he said.
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G 2019-12-10
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units 2019-11-05
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September 2019-10-18
- Yuchai Brings Latest Engine Products on Display at China-ASEAN Expo 2019-10-15
- ConMet Committed to Promote China Market Since Its Entrance in 2009 2019-10-12
- XCMG Showcase Its High-quality Products at the 16th China-ASEAN Expo 2019-10-11
- SHACMAN Celebrates the 70th Anniversary of The People's Republic of China 2019-10-08
- Tesla Shanghai Super Factory to Start Operation Soon 2019-08-28
- Qingling Attends 2019 Smart China Expo 2019-08-28
- China Sold 286,000 Units Trucks in June 2019-07-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1